During the 2017-18 school year:
- Central Music Boosters ran a successful Give to the Max Day campaign, raising more than $8,000 for Central’s music department.
- More than 100 students worked together on the 4th annual Central Bowlero fundraiser, and raised about $6,500 for our music program.
- Central Music Boosters funded travel scholarships for students who went on the music department’s performance trip to Washington, D.C. in March, 2018.
- Master classes, piano accompanists, and instrument repairs were funded thanks to the Music Boosters, as well as funding for an additional band director for Central’s Jazz 2 ensemble.
- Central Music Boosters funded a newly commissioned work by a Central alum, and purchased a separate musical work by another alum, both for the Jazz Band to perform.